Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I feel good!

What a crazy, crazy month it has been! I'm sure you're all wondering what I've been up to lately. If you haven't, why haven't you! I think about you all all of the time! Stalkers are just that dedicated! But I'm digressing.

Within a month, I have signed 3, count 'em, 3 contracts! First Erotique Press contracted my novella, "Chances", a story about what happens when Mr. Right comes in the wrong package. Then I received a contract from Phaze for a short story called "Suburbia". You'll never look at Saran Wrap the same way again! Then, and this is the biggie, Venus Press contracted my 100,000-word, erotic baby, Fascination Street! I couldn't believe it! I am so thrilled. I believe in my work and it's wonderful to get that kind of confirmation from a publisher. I even got to participate in my first Venus Press chat on Fallen Angel Reviews. That was a hoot. Don't have a pub date yet but as soon as I know, you all will know! My ardent wish, hope and desire is that it comes out before my booksigning on November 19th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Now for my immediate future, I have a lot of work to do. I want to polish up 2 short stories for Midnight Showcase. Then there's a short story called "Public Domain" that I've been working on for a while. I want to get that finished up and submitted...to which publisher, I'm not sure yet. Still debating. And then I'll work on my Phaze Shiver. I have a great idea in mind if I can just get it from my brain to the paper! And finally I'll have to start plotting then writing the prequels to Fascination Street. When I put on my website homepage that I was determined to make this year my year I wasn't kidding!

Some other great news. I found out I am one of the lucky winners in the BetterSex.com Best Erotic Fiction Writer contest! For that, not only will get the title of Best Erotic Fiction Writer but I'll also receive $200! Whoo! Hoo! Mama needs the money. I put it all towards promotions.

Speaking of promotions, yours truly will be featured on Jewel's Way Radio on Wednesday, October 12th at 10 p.m. EST. I'm excited but nervous about doing it. I just hope I don't come off as an idiot or a goofball!

Okay, time for me to hit the hay. I'll try not to wait so long in between blog posts. But see what happens when I wait? Look at all of this good news!

Stay sexy!
BridgeT

2 comments:

Silma said...

Yeah, August seems to have been quite a crazy one for most of us. It must be something in the air. *lol* Congrats on the 3 contracts!!! That's totally awesome! *does the Ren & Stimpy happy/joy dance* You're definitively sizzling!

Bridget Midway said...

Thanks, Silma! And I'll join you in that Ren and Stimpy "Happy, Happy/Joy, Joy!" dance! *LOL*

BridgeT